You KNOW you need a strategy
for teaching a room of diverse learners.
Just look at your class!
You have students who struggle with the most basic of reading skills. And in the same room, you have learners reading a grade level or more above their peers.
Differentiation is a must.
But there are so many moving pieces ...
Assessing. Grouping. Managing. Organizing.
Can you really find time in an already-packed day?
You’re not sure how, but you know you SHOULD.
It’s keeping you up at night.
Eventually, you create a system that begins to work. You meet with small groups. You confer one-on-one. You prepare engaging literacy centers.
- You have so many questions. How many guided reading groups should you have? How long should you meet with them? What should you accomplish in each session?
- You know reading conferences are important. But half the time you feel tongue-tied because you’re not sure what to say next.
- And the rest of the class? You’re trying to keep them busy at literacy centers. But you’re tired of spending hours of prep Every. Single. Weekend.
Here's where you're getting stuck.
but the rest of your students interrupt you.
YET YOU STILL HAVE HOPE.
Because you want the best for ALL your students.
Your heart hurts for your readers who struggle even to rhyme.
You want faster progress for your students
who painfully plod through every book they read.
You desire more for your advanced readers,
who have learned that reading is only a class to be endured.
And you're concerned about the rest of your students,
who often get lost in the shuffle.
Even if you think that your days are already too full ...
That you can't reasonably, effectively, and efficiently differentiate for 25 unique kids without losing your mind or being at school 60 hours per week ...
It's time to think again.
TEACHING EVERY READER
With step-by-step training and support, you will ...
- Pinpoint what your students need to learn with easy-to-use assessments.
- Accelerate student learning through small, needs-based groups.
- Meet students exactly where they are through dynamic one-on-one conferences.
- Keep the rest of the class learning with year-long, easily-differentiated centers.
- Save hours of time with a huge variety of brand new, low-prep activities.
And most importantly ...
Stop teaching to the middle, and
start teaching EVERYONE.
and dozens upon dozens of brand-new, easily-differentiated activities.
HERE'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN EACH MODULE.
Understand the Big Picture
Before you dive in, you need clarity on a few key elements. In this module you'll:
- Unlock the core components of reading instruction.
- Discover how to avoid the 9 mistakes that many reading teachers make.
- Understand the most common balanced reading frameworks.
Master All the Details
Now it's time to get practical! In our second foundation module, we work through all the logistics. In this module you will ...
- Learn how to create an inviting classroom library with our organization guide and editable book bin labels.
- Use our tips and sample schedules to design a reading block that allows you to meet the demands of your current program AND differentiate.
- Discover exactly what your students need to learn next, using our practical assessment bundle for K-2 learners.
Make the Most of Small Groups
Small groups are the heart of differentiated instruction, and in this module you'll get answers to all your questions.
- Learn how to group students for instruction.
- Create a realistic guided reading schedule that actually works.
- Get lesson templates and detailed sample lessons so you know exactly what to say and do.
- Download our guided reading teaching tips for every level.
- Use our teacher prompts to help students grow in word solving, fluency, and comprehension.
Teach Students to Read Independently
You know that your students need regular, consistent practice to improve their reading - but how can you help them make the most of this time? In this module you will ...
- Learn how to help your students choose "just right" books that will move them forward as readers.
- Discover what your pre-readers are doing during this important time.
- Meet your students exactly where they are through dynamic reading conferences.
- Design a partner reading system that actually works.
- Learn management techniques that will build reading stamina for every student.
Design engaging, year-long literacy centers
After you learn how to teach small groups and individuals, an important question remains. What are the rest of your students doing? In this module you will ...
- Learn the 7 signs that you need to reevaluate your literacy centers.
- Discover the best tips for effective literacy centers - that won't burn you out.
- Master the management system that will make center time a success.
- Get tons of examples of engaging, low-prep literacy centers that you can use all year long.
Discover how to teach every reader
with 100+ easily-differentiated activities
Module 6 - Build Phonological & Phonemic Awareness
Module 7 - Develop a Strong Phonics Foundation
Module 8 - Promote Fluency
Module 9 - Build Independence with Fix-Up Strategies
Module 10 - Improve Comprehension of Fiction Texts
Module 11 - Strengthen Comprehension of Nonfiction
Module 12 - Expand Reading Vocabulary
Now that you've built a strong foundation and have your management routines in place, it's time to dive into a treasure trove of student resources! In modules 6-12 you'll discover how to use our done-for-you word lists, in-a-minute activities, low-prep games, response sheets, center activities, and more!
ENROLLMENT OPENS ON SEPTEMBER 17
As a participant, you will receive ...
- Permanent access to the course modules*
- All future updates to the course at no extra cost
Access to our first bonus module: Running Record Essentials
Free access to all future bonus modules
- A certificate for 20 hours of continuing education credits**
- Community and collaboration in the private Facebook group
- Coaching and support from Anna and Becky within the Facebook group for the entire 8-week period
- Our money back guarantee - if you're unsatisfied for any reason, you may request a refund within 30 days of purchase.
*We'll be rolling out 1-2 modules a week for the duration of the 8 weeks. But feel free to take as long as you need to complete the course, because your account doesn't expire! You have access for as long as the course is online.
**Each state's requirements are different, so we ask that you check with your district office prior to registration.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS ...
Anna Geiger & Becky Spence
Anna Geiger, M.Ed., has classroom experience from first through fifth grade. After earning her Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction, she began caring for her children at home. Five years ago, Anna began a role of teacher support through her blog, The Measured Mom. Each month Anna reaches millions of educators with her hands-on lessons, thoughtful articles, and printable resources.
Becky Spence, M.Ed., has taught kindergarten and first grade, served as a private reading tutor for K-5 readers, and is currently homeschooling. Becky reaches a wide audience of parents and teachers through her blog, This Reading Mama. She is also an author, curricula writer, speaker, and creator of several literacy apps.
Let's Sum it All Up
Teaching Every Reader is a comprehensive, 8-week online course that will give you the tools and training you need to teach every reader in your K-2 classroom.
You will learn how to design a realistic reading block, make a doable plan for assessment, plan effective small group lessons, teach students one-on-one ... and keep the rest of the class learning at the same time.
The course includes
- 12 course modules
- Over 60 quick training videos
- A 50-page assessment bundle
- 25+ printable charts and cheat sheets
- Over 100 easily-differentiated activities that you can use in a variety of settings: whole group, small group, one-on-one, and at centers.
You'll also get
- Our bonus module: Running Record Essentials
- All future updates to the course - free
- All future bonus modules - free
- Community, coaching and support in our private Facebook group
- A certificate for 20 hours of continuing education credits
YOU'RE PROTECTED BY OUR
100% RISK-FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Teaching Every Reader is what we wish we had when we began teaching over 15 years ago! We're confident you'll love our templates, cheat sheets, training, and printables. However, if you're unsatisfied for any reason, you may request a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
Let's answer your questions ...
When does the course start and finish?
When you sign up, you'll receive immediate access to the first module. Then, beginning on October 2, we'll be sharing 1-2 modules each week for eight weeks. A little busy? Don't worry about getting behind! The course is self-paced.
How long do I have access to the course content?
Your membership doesn't expire. In fact, you'll have access to Teaching Every Reader for as long as it's online. Should we ever retire the course, we'll be sure to give you plenty of heads-up so you can download everything you need.
I'm a homeschooler. Is this course for me?
You'll absolutely learn the essentials of what it means to teach reading well, and you'll get incredible use out of the student printables and activities. But we want to be up front - the course is designed for classroom teachers. You may find that many of the management and teaching tips don't apply to the homeschool setting.
I'm a reading specialist or tutor. Should I take this course?
Absolutely. The value of the printed resources in Modules 6-12 is more than the cost of the course.
I don't live in the U.S. Can I take the course?
Yes! It's open worldwide.
Is this course a complete curriculum?
Teaching Every Reader is a flexible guide, not a curriculum. We've designed the templates, cheat sheets, and printables to be used in any K-2 classroom.
I'm most interested in the incredible printable resources. How can I purchase those?
The assessments, teaching tips, and student activities are exclusive to the course and not available elsewhere. They're easy to download right within the lessons.
Can I get support from the instructors?
Anna and Becky look forward to coaching and supporting you in the Facebook group for the entire eight weeks.
Will I get continuing education credits?
Each student will receive a certificate for 20 hours of continuing education credits at the end of the course. This certificate can be used for professional development hours if your school, district, or employer accepts them. Please note that we don't actually provide the CEU's; this is usually done through your district office or employer. Since each state's requirements are different, we ask that you check with your district office prior to your enrollment.
What if I'm unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If the course isn't what you dreamed of, you may contact us within 30 days of purchase for a refund.
Why should I buy now?
Since this is the premier launch of Teaching Every Reader, the current price is the lowest you'll ever see. Plus, when you buy now, you get access to all future updates and improvements - free! We have many plans for future bonus modules, making the current price an incredible value.
We'd love to answer them for you!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org